Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 6 August 2012

Madame Butterfly...Music on a Monday

Everybody knows my Music on a Monday choice for this week
It could be one of the first pieces I ever heard.
I remember my Grandmother singing it when I was a very young girl...she didn't speak Italian, nor did she have an operatic voice but I remember it sounded beautiful!
It was  definitely the beginning of my love of opera.
This is the tragic story of Butterfly and US naval officer Pinkerton (scoundrel!)
Listening to this haunting aria never fails to make me cry and this lovely little video clip adds to its sadness.
I will leave you to watch and enjoy.


Get the tissues ready!



Veuillez revenir bientôt!

Love Maffy x

No comments:

Post a Comment