Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 24 June 2012

Monday Music On A Sunday





Just read a lovely piece of writing about music, frequency, ego and peace so thought I would share it with you.
I love this little paragraph:


'And remember, you're like a song to the people around you. If you pump a room full of happy frequency, you may even make  grumpy people dance. If they don't, tell them to get the hell out...and keep dancing'
It's a nice little read so you can carry on here. http://lesism.blogspot.fr/


As anyone who knows me will tell you, music fills me...it's where I go when I need sustenance.
Sometimes when you are tired or sad, just the sound of a voice can calm you, bring you to a peaceful place...like someone saying "don't worry, everything is fine"


I tend to listen to classical music when I need calming or when I'm in pensive mood or when I need to think and words get in the way.


Opera when I am in drama queen mode.


On days when everything is well with the world I like to rock, to dance around like a mad thing (not a pretty sight at my age but what the hell) and pretend I am not invisible.


Turning all the theory on it's head though, at least for me, are the blues.
They don't make me blue at all, generally they make me want to sing, a skill I have always longed to have, but regardless, I am always happy and willing to give a little rendition of 'Summertime' or 'Lady Sings The Blues' no doubt much to the annoyance of the neighbours (good thing then that I no longer have close neighbours here in Normandy.) 


I can just belt it out with free abandon!

Today I am listening to, and loving this tune. Originally written and recorded by Miss Kate Bush in 1985 for the album 'Hounds of Hell'


This is a fabulous version by Placebo...I like it better! What do you think?


And if I only could, 
I'd make a deal with God, 
And I'd get him to swap our places, 
Be running up that road, 
Be running up that hill, 
Be running up that building. 
Say, If I only could, oh... 



Turn it up!







A bientôt


No comments:

Post a Comment